We are looking for a VMware vCloud Engineer to be part of implementing a new team for the operation and development of WMware Vcloud.
We have offices in Ludvika and Västerås for this position!
You have a deep knowledge in WMware and WMware administration running on ESXi platforms and experience from complex system environments. You have been supporting an enterprise class Data Center and have Hands on experience with physical server installations.
You have Expert knowledge on Virtualization: Vmware vSphere, vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations, vRealize Log Insight, vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, AD group policies, backup technologies and have ITIL process knowledge. You are a team player with good communication skills.
As an WMware Vcloud Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Creating, Upgrading and Maintaining VMWare ESX and virtual sessions.
• Providing Backup and restore VMWare servers and virtual sessions.
• Performance and capacity management on VMWare servers and complex health check.
• Controlling administrator rights on VM Infrastructure.
• Setting up resource pools and VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) cluster, Resource Management, Resource Monitoring along with VMware High Availability (HA) cluster
• ESX Server Installation and configuration of virtual switches, network connections and port groups, configure Storage
• Virtual Center Installation and configuration and Installation of its components, Perform Level 3 Support for Esx Operating system.
• Installing / Upgrading Esx platform environment
The job responsibility also includes:
• Providing technical support to a broad range of installations, patching, configuration, and updates to virtual infrastructure requiring the ability to research, analyze, and resolve problems effectively to meet established performance metrics.
• Maintaining documented (e.g., Disaster Recovery) procedures for OS Infrastructure.
• Collaboration with team members, software vendors, and other technical staff to develop, design, implement, and continuously improve systems.
• Active coordination with team members and other groups to effectively perform basic Windows Server and administration support for daily operations. Follow procedures and guidelines to install, patch, configure, customize, troubleshoot, upgrade, integrate, and maintain systems, software, network and port configuration, host-based firewalls, and peripherals.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a price pressured assignment.