We are now looking for a Lead Software Engineer to our customer.
Description Working tasks:
We are looking for a senior consultant data engineer to contribute to our customer´s significant effort of migrating an extensive data warehouse, with its ETL process, data and reporting solutions to an AWS cloud environment.
The solution to be migrated houses historic data of financial trades from decades back, with extensive reference data.
Roles and responsibilities for the consultants
• Contribute to the migration of a data warehouse and BI environment from a traditional to an AWS cloud platform, by applying best practices, performing migration and implementing potential improvements to the Kimball-based data model
• Gather requirements and ensure good communication with stakeholders and other developers
• Suggest design improvements in the areas of data modelling, BI layers and report
• Ensuring business documentation of requirements and solutions
• Contributing to and coordinating with SMEs regarding quality assurance, testing and reconciliation
• Identify opportunities to streamline, simplify or reduce the existing scope of reports and solutions
• Support analysts and other data consumers in the transition to the new cloud environment, including support with data queries, trouble shooting and training
The migration will cover
• ETL solutions in SQL Server (stored procedures, SSIS) and the occasional command, R or Python scripts
• SQL Server data warehouse, with several databases and data models, including the historic data
• QlikView apps and their dashboards and their server-side views
• SAP Business Objects universes and an extensive set of reports used by several business stakeholders
In order to succeed in this role, we believe that you are structured, analytical and thorough in your work in order to handle a migration of an extensive and complex solution at the end of its lifecycle